Do you have the right to sue for food poisoning? Personal Injury Blogs – Legal Blogs on Personal Injuries Published by Michael John Tario | Lawyers.com
Meta content=”Can You Sue for Food Poisoning?” property=”og:title”/>
Michael John Tario
posted on the 15th of September 2022 in Personal Injury
It is National Food Safety Education Month 2022. It is which is sponsored by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation. Food safety is crucial in preventing cases of E. Coli or other food-borne illnesses We applaud the initiative to raise awareness about the safety of food items.
What exactly is food poisoning?
Food poisoning can occur when taking food items that have been rid of viruses or bacteria. Food can become infected at any point of the production process, starting from the farm or during the packaging process, going to the store and even while being stored or prepared in a restaurant due to improper handling of food and storage or preparation in the home of a customer.
If you or your loved one has been sickened due to the food served in an establishment or from a potentially contaminated products purchased at the supermarket and you are wondering whether you can sue someone for food poisoning?
Are You Able to Sue the Food Poisoning?
It is a simple fact that yes you can take action against restaurants as well as other food providers for poisoning , such as e. Listeria, coli, norovirus and salmonella. The civil lawsuit for food poisoning is one type of personal injury lawsuit.
A lawsuit for product liability is a form of personal injury lawsuit that may hold food processors accountable in the event of negligence that leads to injury. A lawsuit based on product liability could be the most appropriate option to seek compensation for losses that result from food poisoning however you must talk to a personal injury attorney for advice on the best way to take.
The damages that could be recouped from a food product contaminated by a toxic chemical claims, for example:
* Medical expenses
* Medical bills
* Lost income
* Suffering and pain
* Funeral expenses and any other costs during a case of wrongful death.
The challenges in food poisoning assertions
The personal injury lawyer you choose will guide you through every process through your personal accident lawsuit and will help you identify the party responsible and collecting the evidence needed to obtain fair and full reimbursement for your injury and loss.
There are some specific problems that are associated when you make claims about food poisoning:
1. Most people don’t notice signs of poisoning from food until 2 or more days after having eaten the food that is contaminated. This can cause it to be difficult to establish what food item was responsible for the poisoning. It is ideal for your case to be the result of an case of foodborne illness when several people were affected by food poisoning due to the same food item or purchased in the same place.
2. Food poisoning symptoms may be similar to the symptoms related to stomach flu. This can cause food poisoning to be more complex.
3. Finding the party responsible for the mistake can be difficult, particularly when the meal was eaten at a restaurant and do not know the farmer or food processors at fault for the food you ate that was served.
4. An illness that is not serious in nature might not warrant all the hassle and cost of a legal lawsuit. Make sure to contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury in a consultation for no cost to talk about the legal options available to you.
What kinds of harms could result from poisoning from food?
Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) they estimate that approximately 48 million Americans are affected by food poisoning every year. In the majority of people who consume foods that are contaminated, a myriad of symptoms like nausea and vomiting, diarrhea stomach pain, cramps and fever develop quickly and disappear by themselves within about a week. However, there are some who suffer extremely serious injury from food poisoning which require hospitalization. Women who are pregnant and the elderly, as well as infants, kids, as well as those who are immunocompromised, have a higher chance of suffering. Every year, more than 128,000 patients are admitted to hospitals and three thousand people are killed as a result from food poisoning.
Here are some tips of when to call a doctor for food poisoning: https://www.tariolaw.com/when-to-call-a-doctor-for-food-poisoning/
Ask for the advice from a personal injury lawyer
If you or your family member was hurt because by the negligence of another Contact an attorney for personal injuries for a discussion of your legal rights. An experienced attorney for accidents ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation which you’re entitled to. It’s not unusual to receive a payment from an insurance firm that’s five to 10 times more by utilizing an attorney. Contact the personal injury attorneys in Tario & Associates, P.S. located in Bellingham, WA today for no-cost consultation! Our firm has been representing people from Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island County and Snohomish County since 1979. There is no cost upfront and there will be no attorney charges unless we are able to recover damages for your benefit!
View the profile of an attorney